Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
A Multi-Service Banker (MSB) at Hancock Whitney is primarily focused on creating 5-Star client interactions. These excellent service experiences are centered on client needs identification, accurate cash handling, speed of service, superior problem resolution, risk mitigation through fraud detection and personalized, value-added client discussions. This position is responsible for processing Teller transactions as well as working as a member of the platform staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works to build, maintain, and grow client relationships through quality, personalized client interactions based on 5-star customer service, according to company standards
- Uses a consultative approach with current or prospective clients to uncover and identify needs while tailoring recommendations & solutions; remains well-informed of clients' relationship with the bank
- Achieves required levels of outbound phone calls using client and prospect lead lists to educate clients on digital solutions and financial need resolution
- Handles client transactional needs such as processing deposits, withdrawals, check cashing requests, credit card advances, money orders, and other forms of negotiable items
- Handles client servicing requests for rates, service charge clarity, and account maintenance
- Maintains a well-developed, working knowledge of products, services and processes offered
- Educates clients on alternate delivery methods and channels that make client's lives easier by providing self-service options to access their accounts 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Refers clients to internal business partners when non-financial client needs are discovered
- Assist with financial center morning and evening duties to include opening and closing the vault, working and locking the Night Depository, setting up the Teller station with supplies and cash, and balancing the Teller window/financial center
- Assist in managing operational loss within a financial center to include: seeking supervisory override for transactions outside of authority, proper hold placement for loss mitigation, and superior balancing
- Accurately utilizes equipment and remains knowledgeable of equipment functionality to perform role
- Adheres to professionalism standards to include demeanor, dress, and station orderliness
- May function in a mentor capacity offering guidance, instruction, and coaching to fellow Tellers or Platform associates as it relates to problem resolution, policy and procedure adherence, and goal achievement
- Images proof work through branch capture machine to include reviewing work and making corrections
- Performs research for clients as issues arise
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Management
- Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 6 months cash handling, sales, and client service experience required or 6 months successful Hancock Whitney Teller experience
- 1 year banking &/or lending experience highly preferred. Prior relationship based client consultation experience highly preferred
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. Employment is contingent upon meeting initial and ongoing registration requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
- Must complete and successfully meet assessment requirements to be considered. The assessment link will be sent to you via e-mail upon submission of this application.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Client service focus with the ability to stay positive in interactions with clients and team members
- Solid written and oral communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Desire to achieve individual and team goals
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised. Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest version. Information contained herein should be treated as confidential to Hancock Whitney.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY TIME
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.