Mid Level Automotive Technician - Baton Rouge, LA (Baton Rouge, LA, US, 70817-1317)
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
Goodyear owns and operates more than 580 tire and auto service centers nationwide. We offer a fun, fast paced work environment, with competitive base pay. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical plans, 401(k), certification reimbursement and paid vacations. At Goodyear we invest in you and your future by providing excellent training for our technician, sales team and management positions. We offer fast track career advancement opportunities for hard working, team players who can deliver results. If you are looking for more than a job, apply today and begin your career with the tire and auto service innovation leader!
As a Mid-Level Automotive Technician, you will gain hands-on experience in one of Goodyear's Auto Service centers by utilizing a mechanical aptitude to diagnose technical issues while delivering outstanding service. You will also become familiar with brakes, alignments, and continually learn in the rapidly changing automotive industry. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform line technician services, routine inspections/maintenance, system diagnostics, and problem-solving,
- Including brake repairs, fluid exchanges/flushes, preventative maintenance, wheel alignments, and tire installation
- Demonstrate excellent guest service, which includes providing clear communication and feedback about guest vehicles Provide guidance and mentoring to junior automotive technicians
- Document all work performed on the repair order
- Report any safety issues immediately to management
- Promote teamwork to deliver times and accurate guest care during all operating hours
- Maintain strict adherence to Company policy on vehicle care and operation
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including consumer tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
- Minimum 1 year of automotive experience including brake repairs, fluid flushes, and preventative maintenance
- Valid driver's license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- No relocation is being offered for this position
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- High School Diploma or GED
- ASE Certification
- Previous experience diagnosing vehicles and performing road tests
- Previous electrical, air conditioning, and primary and advanced fuel ignition experience
- Strong work ethic; independently motivated to produce results with limited influence from others
- Hard worker, someone who works diligently to get tasks done and demonstrates personal characteristics, such as responsibility, dependability, conscientiousness, communication, and teamwork
- Display a commitment to learning new technologies within the rapidly changing automotive industry
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information, identify problems, and make decisions
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines
- Depending on location, our stores may be open 7 days a week , which may include weekends and some holidays
- Commitment to following established safety policies and procedures
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.