ERM is seeking an experienced Environmental Impact Assessment Principal Consultant with consulting experience and established client relationships, to play a key role in growing our business in Baton Rouge, LA. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with Oil and Gas Downstream and Midstream companies, along with technical expertise leading multi-media environmental permitting, NEPA, and large-scale capital projects in the Gulf Coast.
As a senior leader, you will be fully accountable for successfully selling and consulting on a range of environmental, social, and health impact assessment projects to build a sustainable business locally, while networking with ERM's global technical team to share best practices across the industry.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver performance results to expand Impact Assessment & Planning (IAP) service area and client base across the Gulf Coast. Serve as a key member of the “core“ technical team to drive double-digit profitable growth across the IAP service lines (environmental impact assessment, land planning, facility siting & permitting, risk assessment and water resources management) in Louisiana and the Gulf Coast.
- As a “seller/doer,“ contribute to business development of ERM's global IAP service area. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Serve as Senior Technical Director for NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients' capital projects (i.e., oil and gas, mining, power generation, electrical transmission, renewable energy projects). Contribute to preparing EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to QA/QC. Achieve client's expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of technical team.
- Capitalize on existing ERM client relationships to expand ERM's profile and market share in the IAP downstream and midstream markets (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development). Work with other ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients and establish new client relationships that result in significant net revenue growth.
- Support the general growth and development of ERM's international IAP technical community. Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute impact assessment projects. Participate on teams comprised of impact assessment professionals from multiple offices around the global ERM organization.
- BS/MS in environmental studies, planning, geography, civil or environmental engineering or related field; PE, CEP, AICP or similar registration desired.
- 15+ years of consulting experience with impact assessment and multi-media permitting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and book personal sales in new IAP consulting services.
- Established relationships with downstream and midstream companies with buying centers in the Gulf Coast.
- Solid grasp of the key impact assessment and management issues within the downstream and midstream sectors, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key regulators relevant to impact assessment approvals.
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!