Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our 20,000 employees and over 400 offices worldwide. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech's Disaster Recovery Unit is looking for a Cost Estimator in our Baton Rouge, Louisiana location. The Primary role of the Cost Estimators will be to develop scope of work and cost estimates based on documentation collected by the project team with input, when necessary, from the technical team. This position will also review and analyze completed scopes of work for reasonableness by comparing actual costs with estimated costs using the various resources and tools provided. Additional tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Review required forms and photographs to determined necessary scope of work and develop cost estimates.
- Coordinate with other technical specialists and project team to ensure they have all documentation.
- Request necessary additional documentation from Project Team.
- Forwards draft PW to QA/QC.
- Optimize procedures and maintain communication and focus.
- Input case notes where necessary in the data management information system.
- Review project work sheets
- Utilize and review data to compile, create and/or validate cost estimates
- Keep Project Leads informed on issues, problems & resolutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of cost estimating required across multiple estimating tools.
- Prior experience in estimating in one of the following fields is required (Municipalities, Energy, Water, Transportation, Communication, Public Building, Housing, Capacity Building, Education, Health & Social Services, Economics or Natural & Cultural Resources).
- Prior experience with FEMA preferred.
- Strong organization skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of RSMeans, MS Office, Data Information System
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 105 TDR