☐ Temporary X Regular Full Time Part-Time
☒ Non-Exempt ☐ Salary ☒ Hourly ☐ Exempt ☐ Commission
The purpose of this job is to satisfy the bank customers by providing quality service through the processing of a variety of cash and non-cash transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank.
Essential Functions-Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities (90%):
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations can be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Task Statement(s)
Branch Credit/Ownership (80%)
- Provide exceptional customer service, efficiently and tactfully, to assure customer satisfaction
- Performs all paying and receiving teller functions
- Responsible for the safekeeping of any cash or cash equivalent in their possession
- Receive and processes night deposit bags
- Assist in opening night deposit vaults daily
- Opens, balances, and replenishes ATM as assigned
- Provide services to existing customers; Answers customer inquires
- Initiate and follows-up research request
- Assist customers with entry/departure to safe deposit boxes
- Continually safeguard the bank’s assets and security of the working environment while processing transactions accurately. All work must be performed within bank guidelines, following bank policies, procedures, and standards of performance.
- Working knowledge of debits and credits
- Assist with teller balancing as needed
- Completion of teller training program
- Ensure bank is in compliance with federal banking regulations including, but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Community Reinvestment Act, American with Disabilities Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Federal Reserve’s “lettered” regulations, and Teller roles and responsibilities relating to each act.
Customer Service (10%)
- Represent Guaranty Bank & Trust Company professionally, efficiently, and tactfully
- Acknowledge and greet customers with a smile, call customer by their name, ask if they need any additional assistance, thank customer at end of every conversation
- Ensure continuing development of professional relationships with management and colleagues.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures
- Answer and assist incoming callers with questions and requests, subsequently route callers, as appropriate.
- Receive incoming bank visitors and assist in directing them appropriately.
Additional Functions-Secondary Responsibilities and Accountabilities (10%)
Additional Task Statement(s)
- Work overtime, as needed.
- Ability to work on Saturday rotation schedule.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned and requested.
Education: Required – High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred – Post –secondary certificate or degree, experience will be considered.
Experience: Required – 1 to 2 years of experience in banking or related field.
Preferred – 3 to 5 years of experience in banking or a related area
Certifications: Required – None
Preferred – Work Keys (CRC Exam) level of gold
If you do not have bank experience or a college degree, consider taking the CRC Exam. Please visit the following website (for Bolivar, Sunflower, Washington, and Leflore County): www.thecappscenter (http://www.thecappscenter.com/), click Career Readiness Certificate (left of page) and click register for CRC. For counties outside of those listed above, you can register to take the test at your Local WIN Job Center or Local Community College. CRC Certificates will need to be provided at the first interview.
- Accountability (core value) – Always do what we say and hold one another accountable.
- Accuracy – Thorough with strict attention to detail; does work right the first time; identifies and corrects errors; produces complete and error free work.
- Active Listening – Gives full attention to what others are saying, attentive to others’ ideas and concerns; asks questions to clarify understanding.
- Conceptual Thinking – Notices similarities between different and apparently unrelated situations.
- Confidentiality (Core Value) – Always maintains strict confidentiality.
- Community Development (Core Value) – Always committed to community development.
- Critical Thinking – Apply rules and logic to situations; considers factors beyond the initial information given.
- Data entry – Proficient alpha/numeric data entry skills.
- Detail oriented – Concentrates on routing work details; carefully monitors and examines one’s own and others’ work; ensures accuracy in documentation and data.
- Ethical Conduct – Conducts oneself consistently with sound banking practices and standards, upholding the values of Guaranty Bank.
- Integrity (Core Value) – Always act with integrity and honesty.
- Respect (Core Value) – Always treats others with respect.
Physical requirements needed to perform the above essential duties, with or without reasonable accommodation, may be requested from Human Resources.
Fine Manipulation of hands
High at times
The bank has reviewed the job description to ensure the essential functions and basic duties are current. This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee holding this position. It provides guidelines for the job expectations and the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform successfully in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This position does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee. This position description is subject to change as the needs of the bank and the requirements of the position change.