Milton CAT is classified as an essential business, as we support hospitals, grocery stores, landfill, waste, roads, bridges, critical construction and transportation. We continue to maintain business operations during this time, including hiring for open positions.
Milton CAT is seeking an outside Sales Representative responsible for prospecting, estimating, and quoting Caterpillar Marine Engines. This will include Marine Propulsion, Auxiliary, and Generator's, used in Commercial and Recreational applications. Successful candidate will also manage and serve Milton CAT's large number of existing Key Accounts in the Shipbuilding, Commercial Fishing, Tug, Passenger Vessel, and Pleasure Craft markets.
Note: We are recruiting for one open position that could be based anywhere within our territory. We have advertised this position in multiple cities within our territory.
- Work closely with the Marine Business Manager, Marketing Department, and Inside Sales Coordinator to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Prepare pricing quotations for customers based on information provided by the prospect.
- Consistently and effectively communicate with Sales Manager, Representatives, Coordinators, and Project Management team members.
- Oversee maintenance of proposal databases and ensure accuracy of Marine quote log (CRM & ERP).
- Contact suppliers and consult websites to obtain and compare prices, specifications, transportation costs, and delivery dates, for non-Cat equipment incorporated into customer proposals.
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to reduce costs and improve quality, including on-time deliveries.
- Expand Milton CAT's Marine presence throughout New York State along the Great Lakes, St Lawrence Seaway, Erie Canal, and larger inland lakes.
- Represent Milton CAT at presently established trade shows, tournaments, and marine organizations.
- Maintain close interactions with CAT factory: Territory Sales Manager, Product Support Manager, and Engineering teams.
Territory: Maine, NH, Vermont, MA, RI and NY
Minimum Educational Requirements
Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or related field required. Equivalent education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in applications or sales of marine power systems, mechanical systems, or mechanical trade background.
- Ability to read installation drawings, manufacturers' data sheets, fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Possess general working knowledge of, ABS, USCG, and federal codes (CFR) standards as they apply to Marine Power Systems installations.
- Possess working knowledge of equipment Data Sheets specific to high risk applications.
- Ability to correctly configure and accurately calculate cost for complexed Marine Power Solutions.
- Experience in creating Bills of Materials from specifications, drawings, and verbal customer communications.
- Proficient with using personal computers and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to build positive and long-standing relationships with vendors and suppliers while negotiating favorable terms and continuously improving pricing for materials and services.
- Detail oriented within a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional Oral, Written, and “In Person“ communication skills are essential in this position for Customer and Key Account interactions, including the ability to communicate with coworkers from all departments within the company.
- Highly motivated, organized, able to exercise independent judgment, and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work proficiently with minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player; must be able to work well with others.
- Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a clean driving record.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.