Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing “Why not?“ over “Why?“ Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world's oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Infrastructure Operations Engineer II
The Infrastructure Operations Engineer II is a member of the Infrastructure Operations Team, and is responsible for systems implementation and administration of Azure Cloud infrastructure, as well as designing state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer's requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, configures, automates, and monitors various cloud services
- Performs operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provides periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Designs state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer's requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Works closely with a team of architects, engineers, and developers to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Participates in projects in a fast-paced environment, independently or within a team
- Works closely with peers in project or assigned tasks to meet group and departmental goals and improve processes and practices
- Participates in regular status meeting with global and local team
- Responsible for delivering superior value and client service
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information and Technology and Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/computer field.
- Minimum of 8 years of related professional experience
- And/or Master's degree plus minimum of 6 year's related professional experience.
- 3+ years technical support including Microsoft Azure or AWS systems design and implementation
- Experience supporting Windows and Linux systems running in Azure
- Experience with Azure NSG
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with Active Directory including maintaining several domains
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity and client trouble shooting
- General knowledge of virtualization, cloud computing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure virtual network appliances
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP.
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and firewalls
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes
- Strong writing skills to document plans and process
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Cross cultural communication skills
- Ability to influence others without direct authority
- Able to build strong partnership with business partners and the project teams
- Works well with people who have diverse abilities, experiences, and perspectives
- Approaches opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach
- Travel: 10%
- Special Work Hours: Periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.