Kennedys is looking for a Collections Specialist to join our US Finance Team based in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. The successful Collection Specialist will work as part of the Collection Team, alongside the Billing, Accounting and Finance Database teams, to provide a proactive support service to the Firm.
Kennedys US Finance team supports the US offices by producing timely and accurate financial and management information reporting and operational support to maintain the high standard of service offered to the firm's internal and external clients.
Our US Finance Team is responsible for billing, collections, accounting, financial reporting and database functions to support our seven US offices (NJ, NY, PA, FL,TX, IL and CA).
- Provide a comprehensive collection control service – pursue debtors frequently and effectively by telephone, email and letter to secure payment within US Kennedys agreed payment terms and Client Guidelines.
- Proactively engage fee earners and partners to improve collections and reduce debtor days.
- Review aged debt lists regularly to identify bills that can be chased and ensuring that the debtors are contacted.
- Ensure the collection workflow database is updated regularly and maintained with current activity summary.
- Ensure all appeals for adjustments, write-offs and bad debts are maintained and current.
- Working knowledge of a collection control functions and legal billing procedures and cycles.
- Good level of IT skills, including MS Office (Word and Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have initiative, self-taught attitude and common sense.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Be able to handle high volume workflow in fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Elite 3e or similar financial systems.
- Working knowledge of the e-billing systems for law firms.
- Associate's/Bachelor's degree.
Kennedys is a global law firm with expertise in dispute resolution and advisory services. With over 2,000 people worldwide across 39 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America we have some of the most respected legal minds in their field.
Our lawyers handle both contentious and non-contentious matters, and provide a range of specialist legal services, for many industry sectors but we have particular expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, especially in defending insurance and liability claims.
We're a fresh-thinking firm, and we're not afraid to bring challenging new perspectives to the table way beyond the traditional realm of legal services. We empower our clients with a diverse range of ideas, tools and technology to make their lives easier, as well as delivering exceptional results, every time.
What do we have to offer?
We welcome high-performing lawyers, business services professionals, secretaries, graduates and apprentices to join our rapidly expanding global firm. Whatever your role at Kennedys, you'll be involved in exciting and stimulating work, where your input will make a difference.
Our culture and values form a big part of who we are and we take them seriously. We make a difference by being approachable, straightforward, supportive and distinctive. Our values are at the core of who we are and what make us a great firm to work with and for.
We develop careers in an innovative and collaborative global environment, with our values at the core. We believe that supporting individual growth and development puts us in the best position to attract and retain talented individuals. Regardless of role or level, everyone has access to virtual learning to help you develop your skills, wherever you are in the world. A variety of other exciting opportunities are available including secondments to clients and our global offices as well as a comprehensive benefits package (details are available upon request).
We've created a culture based on client service, professional excellence, hard work and trust. We deeply value the relationships we build with our clients and we know that they value our warm, friendly human approach. We are here to provide answers, recommendations, strategy and tactics.
Kennedys is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. We expect all employees to be aware of and comply with all relevant policies and procedures within their jurisdiction, including those relating to Information Security, Data Protection and Quality Management, refer any breach promptly to Risk & Compliance and to complete all mandatory training when requested.