- A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Project Administrative Assistant
Provide administrative support to the assigned to the Big Box Division. Duties include general clerical, reports and project based work. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction. Other duties may be required as assigned by the President/CEO or Sr. Project Manager.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Act as a liaison between SAC departments: equipment & transportation, field coordination, safety and design
- Create and maintain a detailed project documentation, plans and reports – such as job files, operations report, big box report, jobs to start, fms updates, risers schedule and material
- Obtain construction schedule(s) from General Contractors
- Input fabrication areas into database
- Adjust/coordinate fabrication schedule to meet on-site delivery dates
- Review weekly equipment usage report
- Obtain weekly job updates
- Conduct project pre-starts
- Risk Management
- Project licensing – state, local, general contractor requirements
- Change orders – create, process, update and follow up
- WIPs, pricing
- Big Box foreman meeting
- Keep track of target money
- Weekly foreman updates
- Pump log
- Assist with customer communication
- Assist Project Manager's with manpower/new hires
- Be the in-office point of contact for the Big Box Department
- Design/Implement new processes to improve and increase efficiency & improve organization
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Work Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum 5-7 years administrative or coordinator experience required.
Experience in the construction industry preferred.
Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (i.e., Word, and particularly Excel).
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities to perform this job successfully. The ideal candidate will possess good oral and written communication skills in addition to good organization skills.
- Must think strategically, make sound decisions, and produce accurate and timely results.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management.
- Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must follow-up on tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.