Senior Mechanical Engineer/Designer - HVAC
MSA has an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer/Designer - HVAC at either our Appleton, Baraboo, Kiel, Madison or Milwaukee, WI office locations on the Building Service Line. You will have the opportunity to see, and contribute in, projects from start to finish. The various projects you'll be working on make a significant and positive impact on the communities you serve.
Who we are & how we help
As a full-service, 100% employee-owned consulting firm, MSA is all about creating communities that thrive. We partner with clients to solve complex and multi-faceted challenges and improve the quality of infrastructure and neighborhoods. Our focus is to provide exceptional service that builds strong communities. Above all, MSA’s purpose is to enable people to positively impact the lives of others.
Our engineering professionals work alongside our architects, environmental scientists, funding experts, urban planners and surveyors to provide a full suite of professional services to our clients. From bike trails and interstate highways to drinking water and wastewater, we have supported projects from start to finish since the 1930s.
Our core values guide our daily decisions and how we inspire, encourage and support one another.
Honesty & Integrity - We tell the truth, deal fairly with staff and clients, respect our commitments, and behave in an ethical manner.
Commitment to Learning - We support the professional growth of our staff and invest significant resources in ongoing training and technology.
Respect & Care for Employees - We promote employee wellness, personal growth, and provide a safe and respectful work environment.
Openness - We build trust with all employees through an open and informative company culture.
Client Focus - We enjoy our clients, seek to understand their needs, promptly respond to concerns, and help them reach their goals.
We are collaborative, we are impactful, and together as owners – we make a difference.
The work you will do
- Design of HVAC systems including calculations, layouts, sizing, equipment selections, specifications and coordination.
- Drawing development using AutoCAD and Revit
- Perform code reviews
- Shop drawing and submittal review and processing
- Project management and client interaction
- Mentoring junior technicians and engineers
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 10+ years of prior related engineering experience required, specifically HVAC design experience required
- Professional Engineer license required
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD required
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required for fast-paced and multi-tasking environment with the ability to coordinate this information across disciplines
- Prior experience coordinating a project from start to finish with both contractors and clients preferred
- Experience with architectural projects such as schools, health care facilities, municipal buildings, wastewater and water treatment buildings, and or commercial buildings preferred
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons to work at MSA, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid-by-company life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
- Employee ownership – MSA is 100% employee owned! The ESOP model provides employees with ownership benefits and the opportunity to have your voice heard.
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.