Requisition Number: SPEEC02534
Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking a part-time Speech Language Pathologist to join our growing practice at the Warren Center for Speech and Hearing in Bangor, Maine. Our busy Center is located conveniently in a beautifully renovated building alongside Penobscot Pediatrics, the area’s largest and well-respected pediatrics practice. The qualified candidate will have a Master’s degree in the Field of Speech Language Pathology and be board certified or board eligible.
This position is planned for 32 hours per week, and the schedule is to-be-determined with input from the candidate. Generally, work hours are scheduled Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm.
Highlights of the position:
- Provide Speech assessment and treatment for all age groups at PCHC’s Warren Center for Speech and Hearing and to those referred to the agency or though assigned contracts at other locations
- Interpret results of speech evaluations and make recommendations for care delivery
- Serve as consultant to other clinical staff members, including student clinicians, at the Center
- Counsel clients, parents and families, or appropriate responsible person regarding test results and follow-up recommendations
Join PCHC’s nationally recognized non-profit organization:
- Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- Highly innovative programs and care models
- Engaged and supportive patient population
- Informed leadership and superb support services staff
- Collegial, professional environment with opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Penobscot Community Health Care is governed by a board of community volunteers. PCHC is comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in the Greater Bangor area, in Old Town, Belfast and Jackman. We offer a wide range of primary care services for all within our service areas including family medicine, dental, pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health and substance abuse, specialty services, pharmacy as well as both shelter and transitional housing and healthcare for the homeless. Our integrated medical home model supports our mission and vision in which everyone has access to quality, cost effective health care. PCHC’s services support and empower people to advocate for their personal goals and needs, and connect with community-based resources. Our success is measured when the health of our community encompasses physical and emotional wellness, personal dignity and a sense of belonging.
Warren Center for Speech and Hearing: The Warren Center offers professional diagnostic evaluations for clients of all ages for identification and treatment of communication disorders. Evaluations are performed by our licensed, certified Speech Pathologists, and include a number of specialized tests for children and adults which assess speech ability and type of disorder including articulation, stuttering/dysfluency, language disorders, swallowing/dysphagia and aphasia. Group speech therapy for preschoolers, led by our Speech Language Pathologists is also an important feature at the Center.
Bangor, Maine: a historic, riverside city just over half-an-hour from Maine’s gorgeous Acadia National Park and Maine’s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine’s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine’s third largest city, with its own international airport. Located right along the I-95 corridor, it’s a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland’s quaint Old Port (2 hrs.) on I-95. Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues, coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private education make this area highly desirable for professional families.
Apply today at www.PCHC.com/careers or you can request a full copy of the detailed job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org