Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Residential Counselor provides safe, supportive and predictable environment in dormitory supervision of Job Corps trainees in their daily activities, monitoring their progress in attaining performance contract goals and objectives and utilizing behavior management and intentional and consistent Core Value driven practices. Conducts dormitory operations in accordance to Center operating policy and procedures and in accordance with Career Systems Development Operating Procedures.
- Assists students in adjusting to Center life by providing supervision, behavior modification and acting as a role model and mentor.
- Ensures that students meet required schedule, waking up on time, and/or going to bed on time, ready to report to educational and training activities on time and or work assignments.
- Ensures that students are adequately prepared for the training day; students are dressed appropriately, in compliance with Center dress code, etc.
- Adheres to all PRH and CSDC policies and procedures, and the Center Operating Procedures.
- Practices and models Core Values, as well as, conducts small groups (which may include Guided Group Interaction), dorm meetings, reinforces and models Career Success Standards for students, acts as a member of the student's case management team.
- Provides daily supervision or assistance in monitoring students in personal hygiene, room/chore assignments, special recreation activities, cafeteria monitoring, transportation as needed, and other scheduled program activities.
- Provides counseling related to stress management, personal issues, adjustment issues, and retention, etc., with students, and provides insight into responsible behavior and attitudes.
Minimum - Bachelor's degree (including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services-related instruction), and one year experience in counseling or related field. Model the company Core ValuesPreferred - Experience working with disadvantaged youth
General Requirements - In order to perform the essential job functions of this position, candidate must be able to compose/write descriptive reports; use appropriate techniques to implement programmatic activities; verbally direct individuals and groups; remedy dysfunctional behavior; intervene with students in crisis with aggression control/safe physical management restraint techniques; successfully complete mandated training courses.
Knowledge Required - Knowledge of methods needed to instill appropriate behavior as well as work and study habits in adolescent students; of housekeeping techniques and management; to read, comprehend, interpret, communicate and execute instructions or directives.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.