Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Counseling Manager is responsible for managing counseling units to insure that needed counseling services are available for and provided to all trainees.
- Plans and manages the counseling program
- Provides on-going management and guidance to counselors in caseload management, case documentation and counseling techniques
- Establishes performance standards to evaluate counselors’ effectiveness and prepares Employee Development Plans to improve professional development
- Holds periodic case conferences
- Holds weekly case conferences, utilizing the services of the center Mental Health Consultant
- Insures that the counseling program is in accordance with Job Corps policy
- Provides agency resource contacts for counselors
- Assists counselors in group counseling
- Acts as a resource leader and trainer for other staff in areas relating to counseling
- Insures counseling case documentation is up-to-date and available for Department of Labor and corporate audits
- Observes SST training sessions and makes recommendations for improvement
- May maintain an individual trainee caseload
- Conducts in-service training sessions for departmental staff
- Responsible for insuring that departmental equal employment and affirmative action goals and objectives are met
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree (including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services-related instruction), two years’ experience in counseling or related field, plus two years’ experience working with youth and young adults.
Preferred: Previous Job Corps Experience
General Information: In order to perform the essential job functions of this position, candidate must have regular attendanceandidate must have good attendance.
Knowledge Required: Sound knowledge of counseling and supervisory techniques. Must be able to effectively communicate with culturally disadvantaged and minority youth. Ability to obtain a State driver’s license. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must obtain and maintain valid CPR/FA certification. Good organization skills. Ability to inspire and motivate staff.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact a representative at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.