Are you looking for a position with an established engineering firm that works on exciting and rewarding projects? EBA Engineering's continuous growth gives our staff opportunities to develop skills, gain experience with complex projects, and advance to leadership and management positions.
This is a great opportunity to join EBA's transportation team as a Transportation/Highway Engineer in our Baltimore office. The transportation engineer will perform design and preparation of contract documents (plans, specifications, and estimates) for transportation projects, both public and private.
Duties will include:
- Performing a key role on transportation project teams in all aspects of design, analysis, evaluation, and construction phase support services
- Training, directing, and mentoring junior level engineers and technicians
- Developing contract documents (plans, specifications, and cost estimates) for transportation projects (highways, streets, pedestrian facilities, bike paths, trails, etc.)
- Prepare engineering calculations and develop drawings, visual aids, and renderings.
- Prepare technical reports
- Ensure designs are code compliant (AASHTO, Maryland SHA, ASTM, etc.)
- Perform field-related work including site visits and field inventories
- Assisting the Project Manager with project coordination and correspondence
- Work independently and efficiently under the supervision of a Project Manager
- Completing tasks within schedule and budget to the satisfaction of our public and private clients
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience with a focus in highway and/or transportation engineering
- Proficiency in transportation and highway design and analysis
- Familiarity with AASHTO Design Specifications
- Proficiency with various highway design software
- Proficiency with various Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with CAD (AutoCAD and/or Microstation)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to perform field work (site visits, field inventories, traffic data collection, etc.)
- Master's degree in civil engineering
- Maryland Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Experience developing contract documents (plans, specifications, and cost estimate) for MDOT clients (SHA, MDTA, and/or MTA)
- Experience with Bentley InRoads and/or Civil 3D design software
- Experience with AutoTurn software
- Proficiency with MicroStation and/or Autocadd
At EBA, we appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment count for our employees by valuing you and the work you do. We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff what they need to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere.
EBA provides civil/site, environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, water resources, and water systems engineering; surveying and mapping; construction management/inspection; field and laboratory material testing; asset management; and geospatial technologies services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
We encourage you to explore an exciting new career with us.
EBA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.