Job Title Territory Sales Manager
Division / Department Sales & Retail Development
Reporting to position Regional Sales Manager
Travel Up to 75%
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for increasing net profit today while building a better business for tomorrow, for Do it Best Corp. & our customers (members). We are sales professionals that actively work every day to grow sales to and through our members, and we are in constant pursuit of new prospective members to join our company.
In the TSM role, you'll focus intently on growing market share for our members and enhance their utilization of their co-op. You'll work to deepen their relationship with us and, through a strong portfolio of products, promotions and programs, you'll add value with every interaction with them. You'll focus on selling them products and promotions that will drive traffic at retail. Successful TSM's know how to drive growth at the store level, with an eye on larger business growth tomorrow. This translates to growth for us as their need for additional products and services continues to grow. The goal is to maximize the member's utilization of our programs, and that includes a strong drive to sell them products that will make them successful at retail execution.
As a TSM, you'll learn from various training activities, program roll-out events, peer collaboration and performance coaching. These activities will enhance your understanding of how to drive growth for our members, and sales for the company. You'll then take those opportunities to your assigned group of members and work with them to drive growth within their business, maximizing their usage of our various programs, services and product purchasing opportunities. Our goal is to maximize each member's opportunity within their markets, while maximizing their usage of their co-op. Success is then found as their bottom line profits grow.
You'll develop and execute sales calls with your assigned members and prospective members. You'll use the various tools and training provided to maximize your effectiveness with each member, and you'll help them achieve retail excellence through implementation of company best practices.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor's Degree and/or comparable work experience demonstrating success in a sales environment
- A strong work ethic with a sincere focus on serving others.
- The ability and discipline to develop a solid sales strategy, and execute it well.
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- A personal goal of continued improvement, striving to learn new strategies and tactics, and the ability to apply what you learn to help those around you be more successful.
- A solid understanding of retail/business operations and concepts. The most successful TSMs have prior experience in retail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to analyze data and financial report information to identify opportunities for growth/improvement within a business.
Based in Fort Wayne, Ind., Do it Best Corp. is the only U.S.-based, member-owned comprehensive and fully integrated hardware, lumber and building materials buying cooperative in the home improvement industry. With annual sales nearing $4 billion, Do it Best Corp. is the fastest growing co-op in the industry, serving thousands of member-owned locations across the United States and in more than 50 other countries. Do it Best Corp. has a long-standing history of strength and stability.