Requisition Number: TEACH02694
Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of over 2000 employees of all faiths, ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland operating over 80 programs throughout Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach and work for justice.
The Head Start Teacher manages the classroom for preschool children in a manner that creates a stimulating and nurturing environment for the growth, well-being and development of the child;
The Head Start Teacher is responsible for:
- Managing the classroom in a manner that creates a stimulating and nurturing environment for the growth, well-being and development of the child;
- Building on child and family strengths to support school readiness goals and social competence;
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment;
- Advancing social, physical and intellectual competence through positive guidance and intentional learning experiences that build on strengths and are responsive to each child’s needs;
- Establishing positive and productive relationships with families and engaging them in their child’s learning
This position requires:
- Teacher I - AA in Early Childhood Education; or an AA degree in a related field and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education, with experience teaching preschool age children .
- Teacher II Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education; or a BA in related field and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education with experience teaching preschool-age children; or Bachelor’s degree and has been admitted into the Teach For America program, passed a rigorous early childhood content exam, such as the Praxis II, participated in a Teach For America summer training institute that includes teaching preschool children, and is receiving ongoing professional development and support from Teach For America’s professional staff.
- Teacher III Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE); or a MA in related field and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education with experience teaching preschool-age children.
- Requires the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees including but not limited to:
- Vacation/sick/holiday pay
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a discretionary employer contribution
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of a trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer