Senior RedHat Administrator
At TAYS, you will have a voice. Your unique perspective will help us to solve complex problems, and we welcome your ideas. Our employees work closely with our customers and develop long-term, trusting relationships. We look for creative thinkers who are not afraid of a technical challenge. If you feel you can contribute to our high-tech, high-touch culture, join us and together we will uncover possibilities.
TAYS is seeking a Sr. RedHat Administrator to join our high-performing tech team in Baltimore, MD. The role is currently remote.
RHEL Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x/8.x Platform Administration, RHEL Ansible Playbook Development, Experience in issue or problem analysis and troubleshooting
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Tasks beyond RHEL Administration tasks and lead efforts in developing new strategies for operational efficiencies.
- Work with applications teams and stakeholders as the platform technical lead.
- Work with highly experienced and technical resources.
- Assist technical leads in implementing systems and software updates.
- Deploy RHEL patches and platform updates.
- Document processes, procedures, and configurations.
- Perform daily operations support functions, including problem isolation and resolution.
- Provide status updates of task and project updates.
- Provide system administration support.
- Troubleshoot platform and application issues.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field.
- 7 years of experience as a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x/8.x Platform Administration (administration, installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery)
- 7 years of experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving memory, CPU, access, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- 5 years of experience working Virtual Platforms.
- 5 years of experience working with Ansible Playbooks.
- 3 years of experience with scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g., Bash Shell and Python).
- Expertise in the Linux command-line environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid experience as a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Administrator.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with RHEL applications and tools – Ansible, Satellite, RHEVM, etc.
- Experience in providing support for installation, configuration and troubleshooting of middleware applications.
- Adept at working independently, but also in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
- Experience developing and maintaining Red Hat Ansible Playbooks
- Prior Federal government experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts to a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- BS degree and 8+ years of experience in a training related field or a Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience in a training-related field.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
What We Can Offer You:
TAYS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.