Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can't imagine living without.
UA Connected Fitness has built the world's largest digital fitness community by providing tools to make fitness social, simple, and rewarding through a suite of flagship consumer fitness brands - MapMyFitness (MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk) and MyFitnessPal. Our goal is to help users around the world hit their fitness goals and drive value for the brand.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the Connected Fitness Design. The Product Designer is instrumental in the discovery and execution of digital experiences for mobile and web products. This role is expected to deliver on user experience design, visual interface design, and opportunity to contribute to the overall product strategy. You will work collaboratively with other product designers, copywriters, product managers, developers, marketers and project managers on a variety of projects in a fast-paced and positive environment. We need someone who is detail-oriented with a high-quality bar.
The preferred candidate has experience in both mobile and web-based products. Ideally, you'll balance both user goals and business needs to create stories, architecture, flows, and wireframes across user interfaces that help people accomplish their goals while achieving memorable and beautiful experiences.
It doesn't hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Under Armour team, building the latest in digital & physical products to make all athletes better.
This position is based in the our Austin, TX Office.
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio.
- Generate and translate concepts into simple and elegant user experiences and interfaces that satisfy both business and user needs.
- Collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features.
- Create concept models, user interface sketches, experience diagrams, and detailed schematics.
- Socialize and present design solutions and rationale to the team and key stakeholders.
- Assist with user research and competitive analysis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in digital product design.
- Experience in both app-based mobile design (iOS and Android) and web.
- Experience adhering to and developing style and identity guidelines.
- Experience using Sketch and prototyping.
- Expert adapting to a variety of software tools and environments.
- Understanding and awareness of design trends.
- Experience working within diverse, dynamic, cross-functional teams.
- Eager to solicit feedback from real users and teammates.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with conducting user research and usability studies (both formal and guerrilla-style)
- Able to understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform the design.
- Sketching/drawing skills a plus.
- Familiarity with design to developer handoff.
- Considerate of file etiquette in a shared environment.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back“ Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.