Research Data Analyst (Baltimore, MD, United States, 21231)
We are seeking a Research Data Analyst who will support research data collection and management activities as part of a coordinating center for a consortium conducting clinical trials in the area of orthopaedic trauma.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage datasets/variables and perform data cleaning
- Merge, create and recode variables to prepare data for analyses.
- Develop data cleaning programs for new forms and run data cleaning programs for existing forms.
- Develop and implement data quality assurance procedures to ensure validity and reliability of study results.
- Create analysis datasets for use by other investigators.
- Develop analytical code for use in a highly collaborative environment.
- Write detailed documentation/specifications for analysis data sets and related files.
- Perform and document analyses on large, complex datasets using statistical software packages. Work with investigators to in the performance of analyses.
- Create tables and figures in publication-quality form summarizing the results of statistical analyses and present results orally to study investigators.
- Serve as a quality control checkpoint person for analyses when needed
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of data during data processing.
- Proactively seek to improve or optimize workflow and discuss with coordinator/supervisor as appropriate.
- Communicate with the Director of Informatics regularly with respect to data quality related issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
- Three years related experience
- Additional education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula
- Prior data management and analysis experience strongly preferred. Prior collaborative research experience a plus. Experience working with data close to the point of data generation or collection is desirable.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent programming skills in SAS, Stata, R, or equivalent statistical package required.
- Strong organizational, communication, problem solving, and writing skills.
- The applicant must have worked with large data sets, creating programs and generating tables.
- Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines.
- Strong time management.
Classified Title: Research Data Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $46,560 - $64,100 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Public Health
Department name: Health Policy & Management -METRC
Personnel area: School of Public Health
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.