RN-ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit. Contract and Per Diem opportunities for ICU nurses in the Baltimore metro area. Both night shift and day shift available. Intensive Care Nurse positions available at various different hospitals throughout the Baltimore and Washington, DC areas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- provide patient care as well as education and support to the patient's family.
- work alongside the patient's physicians and provide direction to licensed practical nurses and nursing assistants who work within the unit
- ensure that life support equipment, such as ventilators and feeding tubes, functions properly
- observe the patient's heart rate, blood pressure and respiration for signs of distress
- administer IVs, bring medication and insert catheters as needed.
- accurate and timely documentation of care provided
- meticulous documentation of medication administration
- assists in emergency nursing procedures necessary for prompt control of changes in patient’s
- Able to perform the techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation accurately and effectively
- Active RN License or BSN
- ACLS Certification.
- Two years of recent experience in the ICU setting
- Clean background check and drug screen
- Two years of hospital experience in the ICU/CCU
Key words: Intensive Care Unit, Nurse, Registered Nurse, RN-ICU, Critical Care Unit, Critical Care Nurse, Intensive Care Nurse, RN-CCU, Travel Nurse, Agency Nurse, Contract Nurse, Per Diem, Travel Contract, ACLS, EKG, RN, Registered Nurse, ICU, CCU, RN-ICU, RN-CCU, Advanced Life Support, CPR, BLS
Share this job: