Responsible for providing leadership of the Pro business within designated sales territory by driving sales growth and profitability though account relationships. Monitor key performance indicators for assigned professional customers, and meet or exceed financial performance to plan by working with the Regional Pro Rental Manager and other regional/district and store leadership. Review pertinent Pro customer satisfaction results to understand customers' perspectives, and use the information to drive local decisions and strategies to improve competitive position.
This position will cover a territory of 20 miles around metro Baltimore including areas such as: Nottingham, Brooklyn Park and Woodlawn
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 60% Drive incremental sales growth by cultivating business relationships with assigned customer portfolio. Establish effective partnerships with assigned customers by completing a minimum of 10 sales call appointments per week. To maximize customer service, Pro Account Representatives should partner with PASAs as a daily point of contact for customers with individual transactional needs. Sell all products and services available from the enterprise, including Commercial Credit options, Volume Pricing Program, delivery, will call pickup, and web site ordering.
- 10% Utilize internal Pro Desk Associates and external sources to prospect for new business by conducting job site visits and local related community events. Conduct prospect calls to US Communities leads.
- 10% Complete District store walks and provide ongoing feedback on Pro products/services gaps.
- 10% Utilize SalesForce.com to plan future sales call activity and manage ongoing customer communications. Maintain current customer information in CPR.
- 10% Communicate weekly activities with RPRM and DM(s). Participate in regional/territory meetings.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Regional Pro Rental Manager
Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
2 years account management/sales management experience
2 plus years home improvement or home building industry experience
Successful professional growth in a high paced retail environment
Computer literacy with Internet Explorer and MS Office programs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Demonstrates a strong ability to create and cultivate an active network of relationships both inside and outside the organization; Ability to leverage relationships to accomplish sales and profitability goals.
- Deep understanding of Pro customer needs with a focus on fulfilling 100% of their product, credit and performance requirements. Determine how each customer would prefer to be served and tailor communications and customer-facing activities appropriately.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills; ability to persuade or influence others
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and able to communicate globally