Requisition Number: PRNCL02691
Catholic Charities, the largest private non-profit provider of human services in Maryland, has a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment of 2,000 employees. We serve children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, the immigrant community, and seniors. Year after year named as a Baltimore Top Workplace, we offer great benefits, generous paid time off, and provide career opportunities where you can make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach and work for justice.
This position is responsible for support and assistance in providing a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment for the growth, well-being and development of the child under the guidance and direction of the teaching team and building on child and family strengths and supporting school readiness goals and social competence,
The Classroom Aide is responsible for:
- Convey messages that are respectful, patient, relaxed and demonstrate an interest in the child. All interactions will help the children to feel valuable, competent and cared for.
- Assist in the teaching team in selecting materials and equipment and arranging the classroom to provide a well-managed, welcoming environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the developmental level of the children. Identify and show respect for a child's culture and home environment.
- Support the teaching team in addressing the physical, cognitive, social and emotional needs of children in a manner consistent with Head Start Performance Standards and Catholic Charities mission, vision and values.
- Assist in maintaining a classroom environment that incorporates the principles of the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS):
- Emotional Support: a classroom where children are motivated, nurtured and connected.
- Classroom Organization: a classroom where children consistently have things to do and are interested and engaged in learning tasks.
This position requires:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Requires the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions.
- Must have the ability and willingness to relate effectively with individuals from diverse socio-economic groups
- Model appropriate language when interacting with children and adults
- Accompany the children on field trips and to actively participate with them in other activities
- Comply with the established work schedule and all policies and procedures
- Work a PRN or on call schedule
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of an trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer