ZeroFOX seeks brilliant, motivated, innovative Principal Software Engineers who are experienced in building scalable SaaS software in the cloud to help our team continue to rapidly innovate and scale. You’ll join a team of software engineers, cybersecurity experts, and data scientists who are disrupting the cyber security industry and protecting organizations from social media risk. ZeroFOX engineers are at the forefront of one of the most rapidly growing industries in the world. We are interacting with social networks at an unprecedented scale, requiring us to overcome novel design challenges and architectural hurdles. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and is eager to not only design and build cutting edge products and technology, but also to coach engineers to reach their full potential. Furthermore, this person excels in agile environments and embraces the challenge of swiftly delivering value while improving system architecture and minimizing technical debt.
- Design, build, test, deliver, and maintain valuable production-ready features to customers!
- Actively seek the toughest assignments rather than waiting for tasks to be given to them.
- Help their team plan, commit, deliver, retrospect, and improve sprint after sprint.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all of the team’s code, systems, and tools.
- Lead by example and coach teammates to improve overall effectiveness and trust.
- Contribute to existing tech stack and actively research and advocate for new tools, technologies, and methodologies to evolve it over time.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate across local and remote teams, both verbally and in written form.
- Experience building software systems typically obtained in 7-10 years. Much of this experience should be in building and iterating modern software systems at a Software company, including but not limited to:
- Scalable cloud-based SaaS solutions
- Containerized microservices
- REST API’s
- Message driven architecture
- Solid experience with one or more of the following:
- Golang (Go)
- Python (including Django)
- AWS, Hashicorp stack (e.g. Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nomad)
- Experience as a technical leader, mentoring junior engineers and helping multiple teams improve technical designs and implementation.
Do you want to love where you work?
- Amazing Product: ZeroFOX is creating paradigm shifting cyber security product
- Bragging Rights: The Forrester New Wave(™): Digital Risk Protection, Q3 2018, named ZeroFOX a Leader after a thorough evaluation of the top 14 vendors. Learn why Forrester says “ZeroFOX leads the pack in social media protection and digital risk analytics” and describes ZeroFOX as the “best for those that want actionable intelligence and rapid remediation.
- Awesome Culture: ZeroFOX is a community – most describe our team as a group of close-knit, incredibly talented, and highly caffeinated people. Behind ZeroFOX’s numerous accolades lies a vibrant ecosystem where team members have fun and are rewarded for continual innovation, disruption, and taking ownership in their work.
- Get Things Done: Innovation is woven into the fabric of our organization. Every aspect of our operations is purposeful; enabling us to research, develop and innovate faster than the competition.
- Benefits: In addition to competitive compensation, full-time employees can participate in our health insurance plans, retirement, and more.
- Best Office in Downtown Baltimore (Federal Hill): Large floor-to-ceiling windows, a productive workspace, an awesome community area and free street parking available.
- Ready to apply? Visit us at to find out more and join the best team in the security industry.
- Not ready to apply? Email careers_at_zerofox_dot_com to speak with a member of the team!
ZeroFOX, the market leader in digital visibility and protection, safeguards modern organizations from dynamic security, brand and physical risks across social, mobile, web and collaboration platforms. Using diverse data sources and artificial intelligence-based analysis, the ZeroFOX Platform identifies and remediates targeted phishing attacks, credential compromise, data exfiltration, brand hijacking, executive and location threats and more. The patented ZeroFOX SaaS technology processes and protects millions of posts, messages and accounts daily across the social and digital landscape, spanning LinkedIn, Facebook, Slack, Twitter, Instagram, Pastebin, YouTube, mobile app stores, the deep & dark web, domains and more.
**ZeroFOX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in e-Verify**