High school diploma or equivalent is required
Current driver's license w/ no more than 3 points
1-2 years related experience
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is a non-profit organization with a family of over 2000 employees of all faiths and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland. On a daily basis we operate 80 charitable service programs throughout the state of Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach, and work for justice.
The Peer Recovery Support Assistant position is a non-clinical role offering peer based support to “at-risk“ youth ages 12-17. This position is challenging but fun, allowing persons with addiction and recovery backgrounds to help others through their own personal experiences. The Center is an after school and summer program offering a strong structure with sports, arts, educational support and companionship to adolescents in the Dundalk area.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all rules, policies and procedures of the Dundalk Adolescent Recovery Center, along with state and federal regulations.
- Provides youth with activities that promote their physical, emotional, and intellectual development.
- Coordinates the creating, planning, and maintenance of a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Utilizes positive strategies to support the social and emotional development of youth.
- Promotes positive behaviors and professionalism.
- Assists and monitors youth and volunteers during program hours.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date youth, staff, and after school program records
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED required. Current credential or license issued by a state or credentialing authority, if applicable.
Minimum of six months fulltime of direct practice (volunteer or paid) in a peer recovery support environment.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of participants' information.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR for school aged children.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, and school age childcare guidelines.
- Working knowledge of effective methods of managing, caring, and promoting positive behaviors with children.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with Catholic Charities personnel, students, and parents while complying with the confidentiality requirements in local, state, and federal policies and statutes.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and dexterity to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES COMMITMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position must be consistently performed using the following behaviors:
- Honor and respect the Dignity of every person.
- Encounter each person with Compassion.
- Act with Humility.
- Reach out to others in a spirit of Collaboration.
- Serve with Excellence.
- Act with Integrity in everything you do.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer.