At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We are looking for a Manager of Investment Risk Analytics and Business Intelligence to join our Investment Risk Services team. This position can be located in one of our offices located in Florida, Washington D.C./Baltimore, or New York City. In this role you will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting initiative to establish the next generation of investment risk management. You will be responsible for delivering solutions on a common data platform with advanced analytics, and alternative data to drive risk insights.
What is the investment risk services team responsible for?
Our Investment Risk Services team provides data and analytical solutions to our risk consultants. As a Manager of Investment Risk Analytics and Business Intelligence, you will lead a small team, focusing on insights and data visualization. You will work closely with investment risk consultants in Franklin Templeton offices across the globe, offering advanced analytics to gain detailed intelligence about the state of the business.
What are the responsibilities?
- Implement the digital roadmap in alignment with the department’s strategic plan
- Advocate digital transformation, and promote capabilities across multiple lines of business
- Lead team in researching and recommending solutions
- Assess evolving needs, and explore emerging technology and innovations in the marketplace
- Lead and develop small team of professionals
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- 7 years of experience working in asset management with investment risk analytics and models and data visualization.
- Advance data visualization skills (Tableau or Power BI a plus)
- Experience working with large volumes of data and apply pattern detection/ predictive analytics (Python a plus)
- Strong database skills
- Demonstrate creativity to design solutions and offer alternative thinking
- Deep understanding of investment securities and security attributes
- Experience with risk systems and factor models (Bloomberg, Barra a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and deliver within expected timelines
- Ability to work in cross-functional environments and build productive working relationships
- Comfortable discussing both technical and business concepts
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and oral
- Experience working with cloud solutions (Snowflake, Azure a plus)
- Familiar with Agile implementation, JIRA nice to have
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
*Available at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com. In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.