Internet Messaging Platform/Red Hat Enterprise Linux Admin
TAYS is a trusted partner in providing diverse and experienced consultants who explore every angle, uncover what’s possible and deliver IT services and solutions that work. We are refreshingly candid. We are stronger because of the diversity of our team. And we are relentlessly committed to protecting valuable IT assets and guiding transformation. We are searching for a Internet Messaging Platform/Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator to join our talented team.
Required Skills: RHEL Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x/8.x Platform Administration, RHEL Ansible Playbook Development, Nagios, Splunk
- Tasks beyond RHEL Administration tasks and lead efforts in developing new strategies for operational efficiencies
- Work with applications teams and stakeholders as the platform technical lead
- Work with highly experienced and technical resources
- Maintain RHEL Platform (upgrade planning and implementation, patching and platform updates)
- Monitor and resolve issues of the messaging platform
- Assist technical leads in implementing systems and software updates
- Document processes, procedures, and configurations
- Perform daily operations support functions, including problem isolation and resolution
- Provide status updates of task and project updates
- Provide system administration support
- Troubleshoot platform and application issues
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- 7 years of experience as a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x/8.x Platform Administration (administration, installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery)
- 7 years of experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving memory, CPU, access, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- 5 years of experience working Virtual Platforms5 years of experience working with Ansible Playbooks3 years of experience with scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g., Bash Shell and Python)
- Solid experience as a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Administrator
- Knowledge and experience messaging applications u2013 Pure Message, Postfix, SendMail
- Experience in providing support for installation, configuration and troubleshooting of middleware applications
- Expertise in the Linux command-line environment Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at working independently, but also in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
- Experience developing and maintaining Red Hat Ansible Playbooks
- Prior Federal government experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts to a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Preference are candidates local to DMV
TAYS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. TAYS makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.