Friends School is a Quaker, co-educational, college preparatory school, Pre-K through Grade 12, in Baltimore City. We are guided by the Quaker ideals of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and stewardship. We strive for our community to reflect the racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious diversity of our city. Friends School faculty members and coaches teach by example, blending intellectual exploration, enthusiasm, and joy. Every day in their teaching spaces, they challenge and encourage students to think deeply, to question, and to seek truth, while instilling in each of them a strong sense of social responsibility, a willingness to embrace challenges, and an awareness of their potential as individuals. Friends School teachers and coaches are expected to model and foster the habits of mind we believe are essential to an outstanding education: creativity, curiosity, empathy, reflection, and resilience.
Context and Philosophy:
Friends School of Baltimore is seeking a Head Girls Varsity Lacrosse Coach for the 2021 Spring Season. This position reports regularly to the Director of Athletics, and is a paid, part-time seasonal position. The lacrosse season begins on February 16, 2021 and concludes in mid-May. Practices are typically from 3:45-5:45 pm daily. Friends School currently competes in the IAAM “B“ Conference.
- Plan and attend all practices and games.
- Communicate with parents and students effectively.
- Write post-game summaries to be used by the SID and marketing department in community-wide communications.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate student managers.
- Drive school vehicles (minibuses) to and from away contests, scrimmages and tournaments.
- Attend meetings with the Athletic Department, the lacrosse coaching staff, and the Director of Athletics.
- Serve as the school's representatives at all IAAM Conference Lacrosse preseason and postseason meetings.
- Organize and maintain all related equipment and uniforms for the program.
- Oversee the women's lacrosse program and provide leadership and vision for all teams including Middle School and Junior Varsity programs if we have them.
- Attend and participate in end of season FSAA ceremony, Senior Day celebrations, and awards assemblies.
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions Office and the Office of College Counseling in support of our student athletes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Varsity coaching experience preferred.
Interested candidates should apply with their resume, cover letter, and supporting documents to the link on the school website. A search committee will review candidate information and then will contact those candidates they are interested in having a conversation with about the position.
Friends School of Baltimore actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in all programs and operations, including admissions, financial aid, and hiring. To form a community which strives to reflect the world's diversity, we do not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion, nationality, ethnicity, economic background, physical ability, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. Friends School of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of color and members of other underrepresented groups who might enrich and diversify the school community are strongly encouraged to apply.