GSE Mechanic (Airport)
Company: Quantem Aviation Services
QUANTEM AVIATION IS NOW HIRING A GSE MECHANIC AT THE BWI/THURGOOD MARSHALL AIRPORT (BWI)
STARTING PAY: $30 + Per hour Based on Experience PLUS -> $2,500.00 SIGN-ON BONUS !
TYPE: Full-Time | SHIFT: Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evenings, weekends, and holidays based on operational needs)
We are currently providing an opportunity for a well-rounded, detail-oriented, and focused professional to join our team in the position of GSE (Ground Service Equipment) Mechanic at the BWI Airport!
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- $300 Employee Referral Program! (No Limit)
- Opportunity to receive earned pay quickly through DailyPay
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401 (k) plan w/matching
- Exciting Growth and Skill Development Opportunities
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Not to mention the awesome view of Million dollar Jet Airplanes everyday!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in performing checks on Ground Service Equipment - (GSE), trucks, and servicing equipment as needed
- Maintain complete and accurate maintenance records and conduct scheduled and unscheduled inspections of equipment to keep it in a safe and operational condition at all times
- Assess and respond to necessary repairs and maintenance of all GSE as assigned
- Communicate daily with team members and leadership to ensure that all are informed about equipment status and expected outcome from the next shift on maintenance items that are outstanding
- Ensure a safe environment during the operations and that all company policies and procedures are being followed correctly
- Uphold and follow the duties related to operations according to procedures for both airlines and Quantem Aviation Services
- Promote consistent reinforcement and adherence to Quantem Aviation Services' mission, values, and purpose to instill its core beliefs
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and permits
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- High School Diploma or completion of GED and professional experience
- Must have own tools
- Experience repairing K-loaders, belt-loaders, tugs, push-backs and other Airport GSE
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be able to pass required background and clearance requirements
- Knowledge of fluid types, diesel-powered machines, and tools including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Working knowledge of manuals, schematics, and diagnostic tools
- Diagnostic experience particularly with diesel-powered machines, preferably with GSE used by ground handlers (bag tugs, belt loaders, K-loaders, pushbacks etc.)
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Prior experience with information inputting into a CMMS system.
- Previous fleet, Mechanic shop or, dealership work experience.
- Previous experience with electrical systems and Hydraulics
- Experience with GSE and or, mobile field service trucks associated equipment.
- Direct working knowledge of air brakes and electrical/hydraulic systems.
- ASE or manufacturer certifications highly desirable.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently
- Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to, or in excess of 25/55 pounds
- Employees must have the ability to climb 15-foot heights for work
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is excessive at times
- Ability to travel on short notice to other local airports to meet immediate business needs may be required
Quantem Aviation Services is an industry-leading provider specializing in cargo, mail, passenger services, and aircraft handling. Our core focus is the delivery of reliable aviation support services to our customers in the safest, most efficient way. Quantem Aviation Services ensures all staff is prepared and equipped to operate in a safe and efficient manner at all times. Our specialists are experienced, knowledgeable, and committed to meeting client expectations.
**Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
The Inland Group of Companies is comprised of IDS, Inland Technologies, and Quantem Aviation Services. We offer a full range of airport and airline services, from aircraft deicing and spent ADF recovery to cargo and passenger handling. Our objective is to work continuously to develop services and programs that better meet our customers’ operational needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
EEO is The Law - click here for more information: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact 833-447-3727 or email us: [email protected]. You may also write to us and we will be happy to assist you with the application: Inland Technologies, 175 Ammon Drive, #106, Manchester, NH 03103