Geriatric Nursing Assistant, Transitional Care Unit
Mercy Medical Center, a Magnet-designated facility, with its rich history, and visible dedication to serving the needs of the Baltimore City community offers an opportunity to contribute as a member of the health care team as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) in our Transitional Care Unit.
The GNA participates as a member of the nursing team in the delivery of quality patient care. Under supervision of the RN, the GNA will perform delegated patient care activities, observe the patient's condition and report and record the information, and assist the health care team with specific treatments and other direct care activities.
We offer an attractive compensation/benefits package and ongoing opportunity for professional growth. EOE
- High School diploma, or GED
- Successful completion of a G.N.A. course and/or successful completion of Fundamentals of Nursing and one additional clinical course in an accredited school of nursing (RN program)
- Current Geriatric Nursing Assistant certification (G.N.A.) through the Maryland Board of Nursing
- At least one year of G.N.A. experience is preferred
- CPR for the Health Care Provider certification (BLS)