Full Stack Developer
At TAYS, you will have a voice. Your unique perspective will help us to solve complex problems, and we welcome your ideas. Our employees work closely with our customers and develop long-term, trusting relationships. We look for creative thinkers who are not afraid of a technical challenge. If you feel you can contribute to our high-tech, high-touch culture, join us and together we will uncover possibilities.
TAYS is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our high-performing tech team in Baltimore, MD. The role is currently remote.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-performing java applications using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e., software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Demonstrating ability to take part in data analysis, data manipulation, database design, programming, and implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience.
- 7+ years of experience with developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications.
- 4+ years of using Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure and Web Services / Web API (SOAP, REST, OAuth2.
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
- Experience with one or more frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and Express/Node.js Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne.
- Experience in developing the applications using Single-Page Architecture.
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode.
- Deploy hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e., JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere. Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Effectively communicate with professionals who are using the application externally.
- Design, code and effectively communicate design proposals to teamWork, maintain and develop new features for modules on the supported software application.
- BS degree and 8+ years of experience in a training related field or a Master’s Degree with 6+ years of experience in a training-related field.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
What We Can Offer You:
TAYS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.