Requisition Number: ENVIR01980
Founded in 1986, Synagro Technologies, Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions for commercial and municipal organizations that generate organic by-products. Synagro consistently transforms industrial and municipal waste into environmentally friendly resources that benefit our communities. As the largest recycler of organic by-products in North America, Synagro uses best-in-class processes, from beneficial reuse to renewable energy, that adhere to the strictest of environmental regulations to provide compelling solutions for communities across the continent. Serving more than 600 municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities in the United States and Canada, Synagro’s leading systems of organic by-product management services support municipalities of all sizes in saving money and meeting environmental regulations. Visit synagro.com to learn more.
Here are some highlights on this position:
- Perform paperwork auditing, data entry and preparation of reports to meet Federal, State, Local and client monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with regional office and field personnel to ensure information needed for meeting recordkeeping and reporting obligations is accurate, complete, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain organized working files, instructions, and records to effectively and efficiently perform auditing, monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting functions by required deadlines.
- Audit of weekly field paperwork against corresponding entries in e-ticket program/Residual Management System (RMS).
- Investigation and follow-up with operations, technical services, and accounting staff to reconcile discrepancies between paperwork and entries in e-ticket program/RMS
- Data Entry of Permit information, Biosolids/Residuals Analysis, Past metal loadings, Field specific spreading information and entry In-Field Storage Reports into Synagro’s RMS program.
- Production of monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual land application/biosolids management reports as required by Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies, Clients, Farm Operators, Technical Services, and Operations.
- Set-up and maintain all files/records associated with monitoring, record keeping and reporting functions.
- Maintain lab analysis averages where required for calculating application rates and reporting field loadings and communication to technical services staff
- Quality control of all entered information.
- Interact with operations, technical services and e-ticket entry staff as necessary to obtain missing information required to complete reporting obligations
- Enter and maintain permit renewal data in RMS.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- No direct reports
- Reports to Compliance Reporting Manager
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and follow established protocol
- Excellent organizational skills (record management, time management, multiple tasks, etc.)
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with numbers and formulas
- Cooperative mindset that is willing to assist others
- Process Management – Ability to follow the Standard Operating Procedures and other processes in place to get projects/tasks done.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to interact with all personality types in an effective, professional manner
- Flexibility – Is flexible and willing to adjust schedule or work overtime if necessary to meet specific deadlines
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and maintains a positive attitude
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- An associates or bachelor’s degree in a business related field a plus
- Prior experience with data entry, auditing, bookkeeping, recordkeeping and reporting
- Knowledge of essential business computer applications (Word, Excel)
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and math