Director of HR - Law Firm (Hybrid Remote)
This position allows for 3 days per week remote / work from home.
Salary: $190,000 - 220,000/year
The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the ongoing development, implementation and administration of the Firm’s HR functions including performance management, engagement, staff recruitment, retention and compensation, legal compliance, employee benefits, employee relations & communications and HRIS system management. In collaboration with executive management, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing a human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the Firm.
Essential Functions & Job Responsibilities:
- Direct all day-to-day HR Department programs and services on a firm-wide basis.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Identify and implement initiatives to improve employee engagement, performance and development.
- Direct the performance management process for administrative staff and support the performance management process for attorneys and administrative management, promoting an environment of fairness, collaboration, teamwork and accountability.
- Manage competitive, comprehensive compensation and benefits programs.
- Provide employee relations management to resolve inquiries and employee concerns, with appropriate documentation and reporting.
- Model the highest conduct, ethics, engagement and client service in support of the Firm’s goals, specifically including personal engagement with the Firm’s Practice Group
- Leaders, senior administrative staff and employees (lawyers and staff) in each of the
- Firm’s offices.
- Further develop recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the
- Firm’s goals while promoting diversity, equity & inclusion in all phases of human capital management.
- In collaboration with dedicated legal resources of the Firm, insure Federal and State legal compliance of all HR policies, programs and practices.
Education and Experience:
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience, with at least three years of management experience.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification strongly preferred.
- Works well under pressure and successfully manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office 365 applications including Word,
- Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in HRIS functions, experience with UKG Pro preferred.