Customer Development Manager DRT
Customer Development Manager EDRT
At the company, we build people, brands and businesses! The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume for retail clients in assigned territory, markets and regions through effective relationships with store operations personnel at the region and market level. This role will develop relationships with higher level decision makers that have a positive impact on all assigned stores within the region or market. The CDM works with Retail Supervisors to raise the level of effectiveness across the entire region. As part of our winning team, you’ll receive top-tier training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth. Looking to make an impact on overall growth strategies for the Consumer Packaged Goods industry? Then apply today for a chance to join the largest sales and marketing agency in North America!
- Act as account manager for assigned retail merchandising account
- Meeting or exceeding POS-to-plan goals for assigned territory and markets
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores, markets, and regions
- Establish strategic presence of the represented client brands across the store.
- Collaborate with retailer leadership
- Provides sales training and skill development of retail sales merchandisers in like geographies
- Follows sales call standards and effectively orchestrates a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of Client and the retail customer
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years previous experience managing key account in the retail or consumer packaged goods industry
- 2-4 years previous experience as a retail sales merchandiser or Frontline Associate
- Demonstrated history of building effective cross-functional relationships with stakeholders throughout the business
- Strong phone sales skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel 40% of the time locally, travel and driving are essential duties of this job
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume for assigned brands in an assigned territory, markets and regions through effective relationships with store operations personnel at the region and market level. Developing relationships with these higher level decision makers should have a positive impact on all assigned stores within a given region or market.
The CDM works with Retail Supervisors to raise the level of effectiveness across the entire EDRT area and region. This may include such opportunities as: planning, working retail with Retail Sales Merchandisers (RSMs), training and developing skills of RSM’s.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meeting or exceeding POS to plan goals for assigned territory and markets
• Growing POS for retail brands by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
• Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores, markets, and regions
• Delivering consistent market & region level contact with appropriate customer contacts
• Effectively strategic presence of the represented client brands across the store. This is accomplished in conjunction and alignment with store or market personnel so that the primary merchandising and stocking duties are done by store personnel. This collaborative relationship is developed on a mutual interest and business relationship.
• Provides sales training and skill development of RSM’s in like geographies
• Utilizes preferred coaching style – coaching vs. telling, role playing, open ended questions
• Provides constructive feedback and development opportunities to RSM via coaching and training recap forms
• Communicates feedback to Retail Supervisors (RS) concerning associate strengths and opportunities
• Mentors assigned candidates
Organizing and Planning
• Follows sales call standards and effectively orchestrates a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of Client and the retail customer
• Effectively manages KPI to plan objectives
• Administration/Reporting: complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
Other related duties as assigned
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 40%
Education Level:(Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Previous experience as a retail sales merchandiser or Frontline Associate 2-4 years
- Completed all Sales Related Training & Certification
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.