The Accounts Payable Specialist accurately facilitates the timely processing of vendor payments and travel and entertainment expense reimbursements for the company. This position maintains all financial obligations of the company as the transaction quantities increases with corporate growth. The Specialist uses sound, independent judgment to reject requests for payment or reimbursement if he/she determines that the request is not in accordance with Sarbanes/Oxley regulations or company policies. The Specialist posts vouchers to the General Ledger and reviews vendor statements to resolve discrepancies. The Specialist may assist with the implementation of new systems as a member of Finance Project Team and provide cross-training to employees of all levels on new and upgraded systems. The Specialist communicates process changes required to internal and external partners. Accounts Payable work is divided into inventory transactions and non-inventory transactions. This job description is inclusive of both specialists as all Accounts Payable Specialists are cross-trained.
- Identify, sort and review vendor invoices to the correct business units and G/L mapping on day of receipt.
- Manage daily system activity in both ERP system and Concur. Perform and document extractions and integrations between systems; work with IT to identify/resolve issues.
- Processes all travel and expense transactions in Concur.
- Exercise sound independent judgment to ensure payments result in accurate balance sheet and inventory stock valuation.
- Coordinate with Vendors, Buyers, DCs & centers to resolve trouble issues and protect business operations.
- Research and process all open PO related invoices within 5 business days of receipt of goods and services. Maintain processing to the company's benefit – ensuring discounts are taken and invoices are paid timely.
- Create and maintain checklist for monthly recurring invoices to avoid late fees and shut off notices; login to multiple vendor websites to retrieve invoices; maintain master login document.
- Complete weekly summary of disbursements to include confirmations from bank.
- Maintain neat and organized filing system. Retrieve invoices for auditors or others upon request.
- Apply weekly charges for freight (UPS and FedEx) to expense report in Concur for timely posting of expense.
- Create credit memos for refund checks while confirming proper coding.
- Regularly review Accounts Payable Aging to apply open credits/debits in ERP system.
- Prepare month-end accounts payable accruals.
- Assist employees with use of Concur, backup Concur administrator.
- Participate in new systems testing, implementation and training.
- Communicate with team and management regularly including the use of the daily task check-off sheet.
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of accounts payable or accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Previous experience with NAV or Oracle and Concur preferred.