The Accounting Manager will oversee and assist with the month-end close process by reviewing, analyzing, and approving journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, and explaining variances to prior year and budgets. This position will be heavily involved in health care revenue recognition, cost of goods and services and gross profit analysis for health care services.
This position requires someone who has the desire and ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and lead the implementation of changes that improve productivity and scalability. The Accounting Manager will work to define processes, identify best practices and drive process improvement and consistency throughout the team. This includes the facilitation of cross departmental communication by teaming with other departments when tasks need to be handled. This position includes shared supervision of 3+ staff and senior accountants.
- Supervise staff and senior accountants’ day-to-day tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage month-end close process, including;
- Review, analyze, and approve journal entries.
- Review general ledger account reconciliations.
- Perform periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) variance and fluctuations analysis, with explanations of main drivers.
- Ensure general ledger is consistent with company policies / generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure processes and internal controls are adhered to
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to seamlessly integrate acquired businesses and provide management and operations with necessary financial information.
- Assist with annual external audit.
- Work on special projects on an as needed basis.
- BS or MS in Accounting.
- CPA eligible; Public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls, including ability to perform and review general ledger account analyses and reconciliations.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including:
- Supervising multiple employees and managing multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of healthcare industry
- Familiarity with multi-site and multi-state operations
- Working in high-growth, M&A environment.
- Experience using ERP, Microsoft AX experience a plus; Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams, utilizing analytical and problem-solving skills to meet necessary deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.