We are Wind.
Our mission? To make transport sustainable for everyone across the world. We’re putting the fun back into commuting with our e-scooters, and we want you to join us!
Today we are powering over 15 cities worldwide and growing quickly to become a key player in the field of micro-mobility. With the launch of a new state of the art scooter, we are expanding our talented team to reach new heights.
We are looking for a superhero to be our new Expansion Manager - German speaker to join forces with our international team. The Expansion Team establishes Wind operations in a variety of geo’s – from logistics to government relations. As an Expansion Manager, you will help Wind land in new markets, build partnerships with local organizations and the community, oversee the initial operations, and train the local teams. The right person for this role is entrepreneurial, outgoing and versatile with experience in mobility, business development and operations. It’s a hands-on and rewarding role which requires a strong set of project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
If you’re hungry for a challenge, able to navigate the uncharted waters of a new industry, and extremely result-driven…then what are you waiting for? We wanna hear from you!
Every superhero has super responsibilities
- Travel to new markets and organize the entire launch of Wind there.
- Act as the primary point of contact for hiring, local business partnerships, customers, government officials, and community organizations.
- Create a launch plan, including research, for each market that you have been assigned.
- Engage with local government to ensure smooth relationship.
- Manage the registration and permit process.
- Hire the local operations team and engage vendors for fleet management.
- Manage the forecast and delivery of eScooters for your city.
- Build our community of chargers.
- Build partnerships with local organizations and businesses to support operating in the market.
- Monitor your geo’s metrics and develop actionable insights to improve the efficiency and performance, jointly with the local team.
- Solve unexpected issues as they come at you.
- Provide feedback for the improvement of the playbook.
- 3-5+ years of experience in logistics, mobility companies or shared economy start-ups.
- Strong track record of excellence in execution and thriving when given autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to think on your feet, react fast and solve problems in ambiguous environments.
- Experience in a cross-functional role.
- Data-driven mind-set – the ability to base decisions on market data, insights from usage metrics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A team player personality, ability to teach and learn from others.
- Fluency in English and German languages.
- MBA from a top school a plus.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing, international team
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- A real challenge! (We’re a startup…no day is ever the same!)
- Competitive salary
Come as you are! At Wind we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. While for this role we ask that you should be eligible to work in Spain, we remain an open-minded meritocracy. If you are a quick thinker, able to navigate the uncharted waters of a new industry, and extremely results-driven, we want to hear from you!