BBT IV - OSP
Job ID: 2019-23691
Balch Springs, TX
Altice Technical Services is a business entity within the Altice family of companies. Altice Technical Services is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
Identifies problems related to the network and will troubleshoot back from the tap to the node for all services offered. Assists in maintaining power supplies, wi-fi devices, status monitoring and conducts system balancing based on normal work assignments.
- Is proficient in power supply maintenance.
- Possesses a good understanding power loops and loop resistance, amp draws and AC/DC theory.
- May perform system and performance tests as required by the FCC and SSC specifications.
- Proficient in troubleshooting forward and return to company specifications.
- Able to perform tests using test equipment (TDR, VOM, CLI meter, laptop, and spectrum analyzer).
- Must be able to splice hard line cable.
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of amplitude, frequency and phase modulation.
- Read system prints.
- Performs Equipment Locator Technology (ELT) related tasks, such as, validates equipment in customer's home, advises customer of policy, etc.
- Identifies and resolves complex PC connectivity problems and RF technical problems based on normal work assignments.
- Utilizing a good understanding of the transport system for our services, interfaces with the NOC, BISC and other departments.
- Uses ServAssure and a variety of tools and web portals in order to troubleshoot.
- Is required to document any known bugs (flaws or problems) in hardware and/or software offered by the company, and will note errors or changes regarding system prints.
- Needs to be available to participate in the “On-Call“ or “Stand-by“ schedule as business needs require. Possesses the troubleshooting and repair skills to perform standby for outages for all products and services. May also handle critical residential or commercial trouble calls as part of standby rotation.
High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a working knowledge of all field service positions
- Must have the ability to become DOT certified and be able to operate a bucket truck.
- Minimum of 72 months of related CATV field service/construction or related experience, in positions of increasing responsibility, or equivalent required. Relevant experience prior to ATS will be considered.
- Must have complex knowledge of CATV aerial and underground construction.
- Knowledge of/ability to learn residential and commercial installation and trouble calls, including knowledge of provisioning company owned devices (cable boxes / modems, Wireless AP, Gateways) and diagnostic procedures to resolve issues on all services and diagnostic procedures to resolve issues on all services i.e. Video, VoIP, Internet and DOCSIS Fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of coaxial system power supplies with Stand-by function (Battery backup)
- Comprehensive knowledge and maintenance of the coaxial drop network
- Ability to learn Unity Gain theories and its purpose in coaxial systems, Carrier to Noise (C/N or CNR), Signal to Noise (S/N or SNR), Predictable noise (AWGN or Additive White Gaussian Noise), Pre and Post modulation measurements (digital formats) and Carrier to distortion standard measurements (analog and digital)
- Basic Understanding of Data Fundamentals, Data speed and payload for common QAM formats, Frequency domain basics ,Time domain basics, DOCSIS protocol(s),Fundamentals of Channel Bonding, Contention and Cliff Edge (in digital signals)
- Ability to learn NEW FTTH architecture
- Demonstrates knowledge of construction specifications and HFC architecture.
- Possesses basic knowledge of digitalization, compression ratios and Headend operations.
- Must have a basic understanding of AC/DC theory, the National Electric Code and the National Safety Code.
- Proficient in systems electronics and PC telecommunication software.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair in a complex, business environment.
- Ability to learn email systems, home networking, firewalls and anti-virus programs.
- Must have excellent communication skills with proven abilities in fostering relationships within department and across functional groups.
- Must have expertise in customer service and recovery.
- Must be able to demonstrate positive leadership skills.
- Must have prior experience in the mentoring and training of less experienced technicians.
- Must regularly demonstrate reliability.
- Must be flexible in taking on multiple and varied assignments.
Altice Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.