SIG is looking for a developer to join a team on the Options Trading Desk that is responsible for developing software for our primary trading platform. You will work directly with traders and quants to develop high-performance systems and decision support tools in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will
- Design, develop and implement client/server applications to meet complex trading and analytical requirements in a performance-sensitive environment
- Work on foundational projects to inform trader decisions
- Use Market Data to create signals to identify trading opportunities and allow traders to react to quickly changing market conditions
- Utilize full stack development experience and network programming to reduce latency
- Primary development language is C# with opportunities to use data packages such as Pandas and Python
SIG Engineers are
- Able to execute on ideas quickly
- Committed to innovation
- Focused on the entire technical stack with an eye for building a stable, scalable, optimized environment with minimized risk
- Passionate about technology and interested in exploring newer tools and technologies to find the optimal solution
- Strong object oriented software development skills
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 2 years of progressive experience developing software applications. Relevant technical experience may substitute for education
- Recent hands-on experience with C# and scripting languages such as Python is required
- A solid understanding of network programming a plus
- Relational database knowledge is required
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to deal with technical and business staff while working on a trading desk is required. The successful candidate will demonstrate eagerness to learn about the business as well as technology.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- We don't post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it's important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
- SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.