The Safety Coordinator is responsible for mitigating risk within Reyes Beverage Group locations by initiating and implementing safety and prevention programs and coordinating claims management activities
People or Process Management Responsibility: None
Required Skills and Experience:
- HSD or GED
- 1-3 years safety management and Workers' Compensation claims management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills dealing with all levels of employees, customers, and management
- Ability to facilitate training for all levels of employees, supervision and management
- Self-starter with ability to follow-up and follow through and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)/Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- College degree
- Strong technical knowledge and background in CAL OSHA/DOT regulatory standards, safety engineering, risk management and environmental protection. Experience within large warehouse, production distribution/trucking operations
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Accountable for implementing and delivering results of corporate and company safety and risk management initiatives.
- Assist the IDM team to ensure proper and efficient handling of Workers' Compensation, Auto Liability, and General Liability claims. Provide thorough follow-up with injured employees and maintain regular contact with TPA and Primary Treating Physicians as requested to help coordinate prompt return to work consistent with Reyes Transitional Duty program.
- Assist management and human resources on modified duty assignments, and interactive process at the directions of the IDM and Corporate HR and Labor Relations teams.
- Conduct training for managers, supervisors and employees on safe work practices, including: Back Injury Prevention, accident and injury prevention, hazard recognition and awareness, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Facilitate safety meetings with key employees and management.
- Provide regular safety report data to management team and safety committee members, and follow-up on safety action items addressed in safety committee meetings.
- Travel to other locations
- Assist Safety and Wellness Manager in coordinating the planning, research, compliance and delivery of corporate wellness programs and services through collaboration with vendor partners, internal departments and other corporate staff and managers.
- Administer safety incentive (recognition) programs that drive reductions in injuries/accidents under the direction of the Safety and Wellness Manager
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.