Position Summary: The Operations Manager will direct and control the logistics and operational effectiveness of the warehouse and fleet operations. Must ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained and timely reorders are placed and scheduled. Must ensure maximum fleet utilization at minimum costs
People or Process Management Responsibility: Yes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience in wholesale distribution with progressive levels of responsibility and leadership
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- MBA preferred
- Knowledge of automated pick system
- Knowledge of Vertique System
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- The Operations Manager will direct and control the operational effectiveness of the warehouse and fleet operations. Assures systems are in place to create timely and accurate delivery of all products to maintain a high level of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Must ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained and timely reorders are placed and scheduled. Responsible for maximizing fleet utilization.
- First hand knowledge of Warehouse Management System.
- First hand execution of warehouse and distribution initiatives such as: budget management, procurement, labor relations, talent management and productivity initiatives. Collaborative style. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for compliance to budget and cost performance.
- Oversee and ensure budgetary compliance for all building and maintenance programs.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy. Supervise all incoming freight.
- Coordinate and develop special training programs as needed for personnel.
Other projects or duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.