To perform basic network technician duties for the company and support the entire Network Administration department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform basic tasks including, but not limited to, troubleshooting local network connectivity issues, repairing and/or replacing any network hardware as instructed or needed, and terminating copper / fiber cable. Assist with labeling and documenting network infrastructure. Must be able to respond to system outages and effectively troubleshoot problems. Must be flexible for periodic weekend work to perform after-hours maintenance. All other duties and tasks as assigned.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School diploma required.
- Entry level network technician 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions and work independently.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read information in English.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record and have own transportation with acceptable insurance.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation.
- Must pass background check.