Position Title Academic-Year Spanish Event Assistant (2019-2020) Position Type CLV Seasonal - Academic Year Employment Status Seasonal Number of Months 1 General Employment Period
fall into early winter or winter to spring or both (academic year, not summer)
General Work Schedule (days of week)
- ccasional hours any day of the week, including weekends
General shift hours
day or evening
Minimum Salary $50 Job Summary/Basic Function
Purpose of position is to contribute to marketing efforts for a specific language, as directed or approved by the language dean(s) or person designated by the dean(s). Typical responsibilities are:
- Set up, staff and take down display at select outreach events.
- Share CLV story with members of the public.
- Conduct demonstrations of language/culture teaching.
- Must be a legal adult
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Interest in interacting with people and ability to establish rapport in person
- Knowledge of Concordia Language Villages
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Sufficient proficiency in the target language to carry out job responsibilities
- Willingness to learn more about Concordia Language Villages and/or effective marketing strategies and techniques, as needed
- Demonstrated history of being self-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to implement and complete a project
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
. . . of all positions
Emotional resiliency and cognitive abilities to carry out job responsibilities, ability to establish and maintain appropriate professional relationships, interpersonal skills to interact effectively with individuals and groups respecting social and cultural diversity and to maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Previous experience as a summer staff member or other CLV employee, villager, or parent, very highly preferred
- Experience in marketing or public relations
- Ability to tell the CLV story succinctly and powerfully, through words and/or pictures
Position Opening Date 11/08/2019 Position Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Screening Begins 11/08/2019 EEO Special Instructions to Applicants
You will be asked to upload a document with names, titles, phone numbers and email addresses for at least two people who can serve as references for you. These people will not be automatically contacted by the application system. They may be contacted by Concordia Language Village personnel who make the decisions about language marketing assistants.