The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance and repair activities in a cGMP manufacturing facility. This includes following procedures to perform and document preventive maintenance, troubleshoot and repair process equipment, utility, and facility issues and proactively improve existing and new equipment, utilities, and facilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1 Complete PM records, equipment logs and other forms to document work activities.
- 2 Complete emergency repairs in a high quality, timely manner to minimize downtime.
- 3 Discover, evaluate and recommend mechanical, electrical, control system or equipment upgrades to continually improve quality, safety, and reliability and reduce costs.
- 4 Write PM cards and Forms to maintain up to date and accurately reflect the current procedures.
- 5 Keep all plant systems and manufacturing equipment operating efficiently and well maintained.
- 6 May perform validation and equipment qualification activities.
- 7 Maintain cGMP work environment and perform housekeeping duties as assigned.
- 8 Has the authority to intervene in the event of a quality or safety protocol concern.
- 9 Able to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently with equipment including but not limited to Motors, Pumps, Valve Manifolds, Loops, Chillers, Air Compressors, HVAC and Boilers.
- 10 Perform on job training for new and developing Maintenance Technicians.
- 11 Perform time sensitive Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on all facility equipment.
- 12 Must be able to perform all work using LOTO (Lockout tagout) procedures.
- 13 Must perform all work with safe work practices.
- Organizational Skills.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Mechanically Inclined.
- Self-Value and Care.
- Proficient use Microsoft Suite.
None required for position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Must be able to work in a high demand non-climate control manufacturing setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Must be willing to sometimes work a 12-hour shift, days or nights including weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of and experience with machine processes.
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing/ environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Trade school.
- Direct experience in extrusion.
- 10 years experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Danimer Scientific provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Danimer Scientific complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Danimer Scientific expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Danimer Scientific's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Danimer Scientific is a pioneer in creating more sustainable, more natural ways to make plastic products. For more than a decade, our renewable and sustainable biopolymers have helped create plastic products that are biodegradable and compostable. They return to nature instead of polluting our lands and waters.
Our technology can be found in a vast array of plastic end products that people use every day. Applications for our biopolymers include additives, aqueous coatings, fibers, filaments, films, hot-melt adhesives and injection-molded articles, among others. These products offer all the advantages of our bioplastics, including:
- Reduced dependency on petrochemicals
- Adherence to ASTM and EN requirements for biodegradability and compostability
- FDA approved for food contact
- Biodegradation in a fraction of the time it takes for petro-based plastic decomposition
- Virtually no carbon footprint
Our Mission Statement:
Out of concern for the environment, Danimer Scientific provides sustainable biopolymer solutions to plastic pollution, through innovative technologies.