Mill Operator Trainee (Bagdad, AZ, US, 86321)
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Semi-skilled employees will support the Operations and/or Maintenance groups and be trained to operate industrial processing equipment safely. Employees will work under minimal supervision in environments where the primary objective is safe production.
- Area housekeeping to include tasks such as shoveling, using fire hose, and digging
- Operation of processing equipment
- Assisting with maintenance activities
- Operation of mobile equipment
- Other tasks as assigned
- Three (3) months experience in one of the following areas:
- Industrial Operations
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Landscaping
- Commercial Agriculture
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- This is a Safety sensitive role
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toed boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment.
- Employee will be required to work in environments which may include exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms.
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to 50 pounds during the course of the work day.
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/ alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability