Infrastructure Technician II (Bagdad, AZ, US, 86321)
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision, support the computing and communication environment, including desktop, servers, network infrastructure, wireless, voice and data communication systems. Provide field technical support to end users and operational systems.
- Set-up, deliver and install personal computers, telephone, network and peripheral equipment using established and defined procedures and processes
- Configure, install, troubleshoot and monitor communications devices, including switches, hubs, wireless devices, MESH networking components, voice system, RF systems and other networking infrastructure (both copper and fiber optic)
- Assist in the management of site's servers and process control infrastructure, including site virtual/physical servers and storage devices
- Assist in the execution of projects related to MIS and process infrastructure
- Actively participate in Safety and Environmental programs, ensure MIS policy compliance and site operational goals
- Perform other duties as required
- Four (4) years of experience in computer/electronic systems hardware/software troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair AND one (1) Technical Certification in a discipline relevant to the role that the applicant will be filling, OR
- Six (6) years of experience in computer/electronic systems hardware/software troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- May be required to work a non-standard schedule which may include shift work (other than day shift) in a 24/7/365 operation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees – offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
The estimated pay range for this role is currently $29.00 - $39.50/hour. This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process. To view an example of a Total Rewards Estimate for this role click here: Total Rewards Estimate
Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Equal Opportunity Employer