Requisition Number: TECHN01444
Truckstop.com is hiring a Technical Product Owner - Remote; any location
Truckstop.com is one of the largest online freight matching services in the trucking industry, providing a one-stop connection between carriers and brokers. Founded in 1995 as the first freight-matching marketplace to hit the Web, Truckstop.com has grown to provide load planning, transportation management, route optimization, real-time rates, powerful negotiation tools, and other logistics solutions. Click here to learn more about Truckstop.com’s history.
Truckstop.com is backed by ICONIQ Capital, a privately-held financial advisory and technology growth equity investment firm. ICONIQ is a trusted advisor fostering meaningful strategic relationships across industries to source powerful ideas, magnify global impact and support a new generation of entrepreneurs and companies.
About our Culture
Truckstop is a destination where talented individuals can build an epic career. It is a place where talent feels connected, fulfilled and equipped to do what they do best while having fun doing it. We call our employees Partners because we are deeply interdependent upon each other to achieve remarkable things together. We believe that for talent to be their best selves, we must enable them with the freedom to exercise their own judgment, and provide them with the autonomy to experiment, to innovate, and test where they can go, so they can do something they never thought they could. Each of our Partners is unique. Be you is the message we foster. We look for Partners who are aware of, and who are confident in their talents and who are passionate about serving others. We will achieve massive success when you can be yourself.
E pluribus unum - Out of many, one
We look for Partners who enjoy working in a One Team mindset environment. By combining our unique personalities, experiences, skills and knowledge we can accomplish amazing feats together!
Truckstop.com does not utilize third party vendors for recruiting, nor accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, staffing agencies or employment firms.
The Technical Product Owner will be a key player, working with the development team using an Agile development model in a fast-paced and innovative environment to design and develop customer products and solutions that consistently exceed expectations.
- Lead well-defined translation of customer requirements into use cases that allow development teams to rapidly and efficiently deliver customer value.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Technical Product Owner colleagues in fully-scaled Agile environment to quickly define, build, test, iterate and deliver on customer-facing features.
- Drive delivery of technical solutions through the use of microservices in distributed Cloud environments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must understand microservice design concepts, including the ability to mock designs based on RESTful API specification standards.
- Define requirements that resolve customer use cases for functionality and usability within applications and services.
- Work with other software partners to drive consistent non-functional aspects of application design such as localization, reliability, performance, security, serviceability, and scalability.
- Guide the delivery of leading-edge solution functionality and data through all customer workflows across web, mobile, and API.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish overall product vision and validate solution designs.
- Distill high-level, value-driven business requirements into clearly-defined technical user stories and use cases for development.
- Partner with UX to ensure UX requirements are captured in user stories.
- Prepare user interaction/system integration/API stories to deliver innovative functionality.
- Facilitate and/or participate in daily Scrum, retrospectives and sprint review meetings.
- Prioritize iteration and defect backlog grooming.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment.
- Analyze root cause of production issues, identify resolution and take preventative risk mitigation actions.
- Conduct training for support, sales, and marketing teams.
- Monitor market trends and gathers feedback from stakeholders and customers. Conduct research to support future innovation and development.
- Build and maintain external and internal stakeholder relationships.
- Support development of new data models/data access/data governance.
- Certified Product Owner desired.
- Engineering degree or computer science degree or relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant product experience in software technology.
- Experience delivering products in an Agile development environment in SaaS delivery of features/functions.
- Skilled at working in Scrum/Kanban environment defining Agile requirements (epics and stories) including functional/technical within a product organization.
- Experience in use of Agile metrics (CFD, velocity, burn down) for business analytics, confidence and predictability.
- Start-up mentality with solid business acumen and desire to innovate in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong critical thinker who makes objective and insightful decisions in vital situations and is equally mindful of the company and customer outcomes.
- Solid experience in technology and practical business use of applications and API's.
- Experience in RESTful API standards, API mocking concepts and API monitoring a plus.
- Experience working with MuleSoft or other API gateway tools to create consistent and efficient API specifications.
- Strategic thinking and thought-leadership to lead team and initiatives through simultaneous implementations.
- Proven history of uniting current and future solutions and providing a seamless customer experience.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills to partner with technology and business to resolve issues, prioritize, and deliver customer value.
Minimum physical exertion. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator and copier/fax.
Ideal protected indoor office work environment and clean, non-hazardous work area. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work that may be assigned or is completed by the employee.
Truckstop.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.