Regional Senior HR Manager
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as a Regional Sr HR Manager for Amazon Logistics (AMZL), NA. This team has a startup mentality and will offer the leader who joins a great experience as we are on our way to developing a mature business lane within Amazon.
Amazon's “Last Mile“ delivery service is responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our HR leaders partner closely to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time - often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional “deliver by van“ with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more - all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet. Joining the AMZL team today allows for hyper growth opportunities, as the business continues to scale you will have an opportunity to create and be part of this rapidly growing team where it’s always Day 1.
The Regional Sr HR Manager role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement throughout delivery stations in your region and beyond. In this role, you will look around corners, thinking big, deliver on large-scale initiatives, and lead teams through complex challenges.
Successful candidates will demonstrate and have responsibility for the following in a fast-paced operations environment:
· The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
· Thoughtful ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then lean in, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
· A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse“ of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement. Regions led may have employee populations with up to 7500 associates, encompassing multiple sites.
· Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
· Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
· For us, leaders are recognized as – flexible, thoughtful, socially responsible and are always planning for the future
· The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves“
· A creative solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands effective deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and lead with appropriate solutions
· Identify and sponsor HR-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global HR community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives
· Collaborative internal and external customer obsessed focus
· The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
· Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the HR community
· Bias for action, persistent work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
· Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
· Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
· Ability to travel 50% -domestically within your region.
· Bachelor's Degree required in HR or related field
· 10+ years human resource leadership
· Experience supporting hourly employee client groups
· 7+ years’ experience in one or more of the following industries: shipping/logistics distribution centers, manufacturing environments, hospitality, healthcare, retail, and customer-facing / customer-service environments.
· Experience leading and developing HR and Operations professionals
· Knowledge of employment laws
· Experience in Labor Relations and compensation management
· Advanced degree: MBA or Masters
· Steady progression in HR Management for the last 10+ years
· Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on driving results.
Amazon Operations is a 24/7 business and requires flexibility.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.