Job Summary :
Will Consider New Grads from an Accredited MA Program.
Back Office Medical Assistant, full time day position working Monday - Friday from 7 AM - 5 PM. No weekends or holidays. Candidate must have graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
The Back Office Medical Assistant is to assist in the delivery of health care and patient care management in a clinical capacity. Daily responsibilities of the position are based solely on the needs of the practice at any given time.
- Provides directly and through delegation patient care for facility clients.
- Maintains knowledge of normal/abnormal parameters that identify clients at risk.
- Provides patient care in accordance to standards and guidelines.
- Responds to telephone calls and triages appropriately.
- Provides patient with reassurance, accurate teaching and direction.
- Ensures efficient delivery of healthcare services throughout the duration of the patient visit.
- Ensures that medical records are completed, accurate and updated.
- Initiates patient contact and prepares patient for examination. Obtains vital signs, weight, age, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory, history and chief complaint.
- Observes patients with abnormal signs and symptoms, communicates their condition to the physician and documents the same in the medical record.
- Ensures patient understanding of physician instruction upon discharge.
- Documents patients medical record entries and documents charge information into electronic medical record for billing.
- Assist with testing and treatment procedures under the Physicians supervision.
- Assists physician in applying splints and dressings.
- Performs and follows through in all indicated orders from physician.
- Assists with sample medications and sample medication logs.
- Arranges and administers any necessary patient testing or admission. Obtains appropriate referrals required. Retrieves test results as needed and notifies patient.
- Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
- Obtains appropriate consents before all invasive procedures or immunizations are preformed.
- Distributes patient education materials as directed. Assists in patient instruction and ascertains patient understanding regarding treatment and medication usage.
- Performs laboratory tests and treatments as prescribed.
- Assists in maintaining laboratory log.
- Ensures all patient care areas, equipment and materials are appropriately stocked and maintained.
- Maintains and organizes adequate supply of patient education materials.
- Orders and maintains required supplies and equipment for clinical care areas ensuring exam rooms are stocked appropriately.
- Keep exam rooms clean, free of waste and organized in accordance with cleaning protocol. Ensures that instruments are sterile and equipment is in working order.
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- Graduation from accredited high school.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program or accredited Nursing Program.
Work Shift :
8:00am – 5:00pm (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours :