DCPP (Nuc) Emergency Planning Coordinator, Senior
Requisition ID# 151579
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Avila Beach
Diablo Canyon Power Plants (DCPP) mission is to safely generate clean, reliable, and affordable energy for Californias hometowns. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
This position is the fully qualified, career-oriented, Senior Emergency Planning Coordinator position that requires mastery of the journey level emergency planning coordinator job duties.
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of thejob posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will bebased on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience,market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.Although we estimatethesuccessful candidate hiredinto this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decisionwill bemade on a case-by-casebasis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $124,884
California Maximum: $161,544
An employee who performs the duties of an Emergency Planning Coordinator and may be required to perform such additional duties as supporting developing training programs, directing, reviewing, an/or approving the work, of a journey level Emergency Planning Coordinator, and reviewing and assisting in coordinating and scheduling work assignments. It is recognized that such duties may also be performed by non-unit supervisors.
- Perform lead dose assessment program oversight duties including ownership of procedures, training, and software as the designated point of contact
- Coordinate reviews and revisions to DCPP Emergency Plan and Implementing Procedures
- Participate in scenario development team as the dose assessment lead
- Coordinate drill logistics, communications, and drill play for multiple facilities (Control Room Simulator, Technical Support Center, Operations Support Center, Emergency Operations Facility, Unified Dose Assessment Center, and Joint Information Center
- Coordinate post-drill critiques and drill-related corrective actions
- Prepare of post-emergency event reports Oversee Nuclear Regulatory Commission Drill and Exercise Performance, Drill Participation and Alert & Notification System Reliability Performance Indicator data and documentation
- Develop materials to support player, controller and evaluator briefings
- Coordinate and conduct Emergency Response Organization (ERO) personnel training and qualification
- Develop and maintain ERO training lesson guides, computer based training and tests
- Oversight and evaluation of emergency plan impacts and associated compensatory measures from planned and unplanned equipment unavailability or outages
- Coordinate routine offsite interface with San Luis Obispo County and training of emergency response personnel
- May participate in an assigned ERO position (may be part of an on-call duty team)
- 8 years experience as an Emergency Planning Coordinator or equivalent
- Strong knowledge in the area of dose assessment fundamentals and software applications (e.g., MIDAS, RASCAL)
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong communications skills
- Security Safeguards Information (SGI) qualification
- Knowledge of federal regulations 10CFR50.47(b), 10CFR50 Appendix E, NUREG-0654 and DCPP emergency plan program requirements
- Knowledge and experience with DCPP systems, components and structures
- Familiarity with DCPP Control Room Simulator
- Certification and training in Incident Command System and Homeland Securit