The Warranty Administrator performs a wide range of administrative and office support duties associated with vehicle warranties.
- Accurately coding warranty claims and entering into the dealerships automated system
- Processing warranty paperwork to ensure documentation and verifying criteria required by factory or distributor
- Reviewing warranty claims and correcting any errors
- Administering warranty parts identification and disposal
- Maintaining good working relationships with the Service and parts Departments
- Booking/coding warranty & internal repair orders
- Keeping abreast of all factory recalls and announcements
- Reconciling all warranty receivables and working with the accounting department to obtain payments
- Handle rejected claims according to dealership and/or manufacturer specifications and follow up on outstanding claims.
- Maintaining all service and customer records as required by the warrantor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Time Management skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to handle multiple calls at one time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Light Work- lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time and/or frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This position requires sitting for prolonged periods of time and may involve standing and walking on occasion
This position requires the ability to push, pull, stoop, kneel, reach, grasp
This position involves repetitive motion--primarily typing
This position requires the ability to talk and hear
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Standard Business Hours with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Two to three years administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Warranty Administrator experience in an automotive dealership.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Certification/Licenses/Registrations)